Bar Up: Bars in Dallas sold $ 84 million in alcohol on Nov 21.
A breakdown of the amount of money spent on alcohol at the best bars, clubs, restaurants, venues, and hotels in Dallas as of November 2021.
Welcome to Bar Raised, our recurring column proving that Texans love to spend a large chunk of their income participating in the Great American Passtime. We know that because the Texas Comptroller keeps tabs on this stuff and makes all of this information public. Any state establishment that holds a mixed drink license must report all sales income generated from the sale of alcohol, beer, and wine in its establishments on a monthly basis. The controller, in turn, puts all of this information into an easily searchable database, and then we break down the Dallas numbers for you here.
Have a good first week of 2022, Dallas. Do you feel different?
The holiday season is officially over – it brings a sigh of relief for some of you and others, just one tear. But today we go back to the beginning of the holidays, because it is that time of the month where we get the date of alcohol sales for the penultimate month. Last November, our city spent nearly a quarter of over $ 85 million on alcohol. That’s about tied for most of 2021, but $ 10 million less than October’s all-time high. Obviously we’re more of the Halloween type than Thanksgiving, eh?
In February, we’ll find out how well the people of Dallas have stocked up for New Years Eve, which we think will be quite important.
Here are the statistics for November. We’ve got a few of the usual suspects, like Bottled Blonde and Katy Trail Ice House at the top of the board, and a new place entering the list – Hero, the sports bar at Victory Park.
Dallas locations with Gross Alcohol Bestsellers for November 2021:
- LEVY PREMIUM FOODSERVICE, LLC (American Airlines Center): $ 1,695,755
2. BLONDE BOTTLE DALLAS, LLC: $ 1,029,192
3. NICK & SAM’S STEAK & FISH HOUSE, LTD. : $ 828,036
4. DFB CAPITAL LLC (Katy Trail Ice House): $ 751,047
5. HAPPY HOUR, LLC: $ 707,536
6. SC BEVERAGE COMPANY (Omni Dallas Convention Center): $ 684,945
7.W2007 MVP BEVERAGE, LLC (Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center): $ 583,808
8. HOSPITALITY INTERNATIONAL, INC. (The Ritz-Carlton): $ 569,841
9. FAULT OF MIEUX CORP & 4217 OAKLAWN LTD (Restaurant Biernat): $ 544,627
10. MAGNOLIA DISCO CORPORATION (Roundup Saloon): $ 538,619
11. DD BEVCO, LLC (AT&T Discovery District): $ 522,302
12. ESCAPADE01 SARL: $ 509,643
13. BV CITIZEN DALLAS INC (Citizen Dallas): $ 506,220
14. BDS RESTAURANT, INC. (Baby Dolls Topless Saloon): $ 503,023
15. MS ATWELL, LLC: (Vidorra) $ 498,992
16. 1933 ELM, LLC (True Kitchen & Kocktails / Flair Cocktail Lounge): $ 498,175
17. SALC, INC. (Hilton Anatole): $ 491,488
18. CLUB OPERATIONS LLC (Cowboy’s Red River): $ 490,769
19. OL BEVERAGE HOLDINGS, LLC (Ojos Locos Sports Cantina): $ 477,008
20. 8020 VICTORY, LLC (Hero): $ 471,510
Total alcohol sales in Dallas in November 2021: $84 225 141
Total October 2021: $ 94,042,496